Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Super Bowl with the Wife

Sunday was a momentous day in the EuroAmerican household. We woke up in the morning and Trevor had the entire day planned. There were going to be beers involved, nachos grande and banana bread. There would be TV watching and beer-drinking and cheering and explaining and a much anticipated finale. It was like Christmas in February, only with a more excited Trevor and a decidedly less excited me.

It was the Super Bowl.

Luckily, I was well versed in the art of acting as if I cared about a football game (and don't even get me started about calling it football). This is probably real life situation #1901 that allows me to use valuable life skills learned from Friends. So I pulled a Chandler and Phoebe circa The One with the Rumor and just screamed stuff at the TV. In retrospect, I think I should have probably waited for Trevor to explain the rules before I pretended to understand.

This is a true story:

Superbowl with the wife stick figures 2014

4 comments:

  1. Haha that sounds just like me - I still don't get American Football, it's just too stop start to really get into and just looks too much like rugby! Give me proper football any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept asking Trevor "why aren't they doing anything now?"

    He was like: "They playing."

    "It looks like they're just hanging out."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I kept asking lots of questions during the game, and finally think I kind of get it (probably not). It was a really enjoyable time and we had a selection of snack food to enjoy while we watched it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was promised commercials, but none of the ones shown this year impressed me. If I had to choose, I think I would go with the woman that quit her engineering job in front of the Super Bowl audience to become a puppeteer. It was a GoDaddy commercial.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...