Wednesday, November 13, 2013

How to have a painting date

There are painting dates (as in "Whassap, inner Picasso?") and there are painting dates (as in "I have an idea for the walls in the front room!").

Luckily, I married someone who agrees to both.

Let me tell you about the first type, for now, since this is the kind of date that doesn't take four days to complete.

I am utterly hopeless when it comes to painting. I have a lot of ideas, but no talent whatsoever, so all all my ideas end up brewing in my head for indefinite periods of time.

The multi-talented Trevor, on the other hand, can actually translate his ideas into material creations.

This is why his acrylic paintings look like this, and they're not even finished.

Painting of a hot air balloon: EuroAmericanHome

And my paintings look like this.

Painting of an ice cream: EuroAmericanHome

 Feel free to guess which one went up on the wall after Trevor built frames.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, love this idea - and may steal it, although I know my Hubby will be really reluctant to give it a go ... I really want some fun ideas of things we can do together that are different to the everyday stuff and that also do not cost too much!
    Will keep coming back to see what you get up to!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...