Saturday, August 3, 2013

Things to do this summer: Make apple lemonade

EuroAmericanHome:Green-apple-lemonade

























This drink was supposed to come out as a lemonade, but it turned into an appleade when I realized that the green apples were sour enough. One of our neighbors brought the apples at a potluck picnic last Sunday and we took a few home. We kept staring at them for a couple of days because we anticipated the sourness, but not all the gazing in the world could have prepared me for the grimace-inducing taste. And I'm the person who drinks pickle juice straight from the jar. (It's ok, my husband knows.)

The theme of August break for today is yellow, so I used a beautiful vintage apron as a background. Isn't that what aprons are for?


The August Break 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...