Thursday, July 25, 2013

Things to do this summer: Visit a rose garden

EuroAmericanHome:Allentown Rose Garden in Pennsylvania
In June, we went to the Allentown Rose Garden, a charming little park next to where Trevor's parents live. We recommend choosing a rose garden in early June or late May. By the time we got there, the roses were already withering.

EuroAmericanHome:Allentown Rose Garden in Pennsylvania

 The Malcom W. Gross Rose Garden, in Cedar Creek Parkway, was open in 1931 and it is now home to dozens of varieties of roses climbing on arches and trellises, two crisp white gazebos, a pond with beautiful water lilies, an herb garden and a quiet narrow stream.

EuroAmericanHome:Allentown Rose Garden in Pennsylvania

The Old-Fashioned Rose Garden is a popular spot for wedding and engagement pictures, but when we went there there was a fashion photo shoot going on. I use "fashion" very loosely; the model's dress was so tiny, I couldn't tell if it was a garment or an accessory.

EuroAmericanHome:Allentown Rose Garden in Pennsylvania

Now if you want to experience a rose garden like we do, then one person carefully inspects the flowers, smelling each variety and reading the signs, while the other chases her around with a camera. We have a lot of pictures. I mean a LOT of pictures.

EuroAmericanHome:Allentown Rose Garden in Pennsylvania

Trevor and I have this habit: whenever we see a well, he pretends to fall in it and I pretend to save him. If not carefully executed, it might seem (to the unknowing eye) that I'm pushing him in. Why would I ever do that? Who would iron my dresses and bake me muffins?

EuroAmericanHome:Allentown Rose Garden in Pennsylvania


2 comments:

  1. So there is actually a men out there ironing and baking for his woman. What can I say?! You made a great choice. Now I know why you moved all the way to USA :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...