Friday, July 19, 2013

Things to do this summer: Spy on squirrels

My fascination with Pennsylvania squirrels is still going strong.

(Click here for a reminder of how it all started.)

Here is Sir Walnut McFluffyButt getting a tan on an exposed tree root in our yard. Or maybe he's surfing, you can never know with these squirrels. It's been the hottest week of the year so far, so we can't really blame the good Sir.

Notice the carefully crafted pool that I carved for him out of a milk jug.

EuroAmericanHome: Pennsylvania squirrel surfing

Here he is again. I wonder what he's thinking.

EuroAmericanHome: Pennsylvania squirrel surfing

Walnut:  Those darn paparazzi humans never leave me alone. Can't you just stalk the neighbor's cat?
He's fluffier than me. If you can't let me be, at least give me some popcorn to munch on while I pose here for you.

It's moments like this when I wish I washed my windows more.

I'm also quite disappointed that it took me so long to find out about the famous Pennsylvania purple squirrel. He has almost 10,000 followers on Facebook, for God's sake, and I've always dreamed of being an early adopter of squirrel trends. A lot of people hypothesized about why he is purple, but I tend to side with the theory that he fell into a portable toilet. Either that, or he went on a Willy Wonka factory tour.


3 comments:

  1. I have a friend who loves squirrels and feeds them nuts right out of her hand! I'm going to share this with her as I am sure she will love the name of the squirrel too. Too cute!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our squirrels are too shy to eat right out of our hands. Which sometimes might me a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and funny. I will come back for more. I am living in Romania so it's nice to see more of your life in USA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...