So the time is finally here! I am actually in the United Club at the airport typing this post!
Of course there was much preparation up to now, so I thought I would share a little of the fun in packing for a trip such as this. Keep in mind, Mickey and I have been planning ahead and bringing her things to America a little at a time. This time, I will return with 2 full suitcases of Mickey's things. Which means I have to pack light while coming over, bring an extra suitcase, and anything else I pack must be left behind or consumed. When I started packing yesterday, the list started like this:
- Extra suitcase
- Hershey's Kisses
- Felt, ribbon, glue (for Christmas Crafts)
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Paperwork for Visa interview
- Chocolate dipped Christmas Peeps
- Bottle of wine (for her family)
- Hot Cocoa packets
- Extra packaging supplies for return trip
- Homemade fudge (from my mother)
- Cell-phone with minutes (for Mickey's trip to the USA)
- ...and anything I need for the trip...like a toothbrush
I'm not even sure that's everything I am bringing, but there wasn't a whole lot of room left for clothes. That extra suitcase filled most of it. Plus I am bringing 2 boxes of cocoa, 2 bags of Kisses and 2 boxes of fudge. Are you sensing a theme?