Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 80 - How to impress your girlfriend

One thing Mickey and I love to do in the summer (other than swim at the beach) is to go rollerblading at the park.  It's a bit more energetic than a walk, which somehow makes it more fun.  We both enjoy it very much, but in our own personalities.

Mickey is more conservative in her skating than I am.  She avoids hills, even if they are 0.0001% downgrades.  She doesn't go very fast, avoids fancy tricks and never skates backwards.  I, on the other hand, am a bit of a show-off/daredevil.  Now, it's been a while since I've skated regularly so I haven't tried anything completely crazy yet, but I like skating backwards so I can look directly at Mickey.  She usually tells me when there's something coming up behind me.

One of the first times we were skating around at sunset, I decided to try an old trick I had learned in ice-skating lessons when I was a kid.  It was a long time ago.  I didn't fall completely over, but my less than graceful recovery was enough to leave Mickey in hysterics.  She still loves me.

graceful rollerblading, how to impress your girlfriend rollerblading

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...