Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 76 - How to have a lovers' tiff

We've already mentioned that Trevor and I have somewhat different tastes in movies. As every self-respectable couple, of course we have to turn to movie references to better drive our point home. I admit I am at a disadvantage here because Trevor is a walking encyclopedia, bursting at the seams with quotes (no honey, I'm not calling you fat, just knowledgeable).

A disadvantage for Trevor is that 50% of my references come from Friends, and he hasn't really watched that sitcom. And by that I mean he hasn't watched every episode at least 30 times and doesn't know them all by heart. I've heard that's possible.

So we might have conversations that sound like this:

Mickey: Rules are good. Rules help control the fun. 

Trevor: Says who?

Mickey: Monica Geller, duh!

Trevor: You're crazy.

Mickey: Hey, my mother had me tested.

Trevor: Great Scott! You can't handle the truth!

Mickey: You talkin' to me?! <points menacing finger>

how to have an argument with your girlfriend stick figures

2 comments:

  1. oh my god this is my favoritest one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eliza! We're glad to know we meet the popular culture standards of such a movie buff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...