Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 82 - How to meet the parents

As promised, here is the short story of my first time meeting Mickey's parents.


I'm a pretty normal American, and we don't do the kissing the cheeks thing as many Europeans do.  I was warned about this when meeting Mickey's mother and grandmother.  I was not however, told which side to kiss first...

It's kind of like when you run into an acquaintance and they go for the hug and you go for the handshake...then you both switch...then one of you just goes in for it and the other is still confused so you end up doing both very awkwardly.

For the record, I figured it out before moving in, so I didn't end up kissing  anyone.  But, now I know that you go right first.

Fortunately after that, Mickey's dad was ready to offer me a shot of home-made brandy.  One was enough, I stuck with beer.  But I did bring a whole bottle home.

Meet the Parents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...